What was I thinking?

Marchant

USA - English
I heard a country song on the radio with the lyrics "I know what I was feeling, but what was I thinking?"

Mi mala traducción: "Sé lo que yo sentía, pero ¿qué pensaba yo?"

Mi pregunta es la frase: "¿Qué pensaba yo?" ¿Es común o hay otra manera de decirla?

• zebedee

Gt. Britain - English
    Marchant said:
    I heard a country song on the radio with the lyrics "I know what I was feeling, but what was I thinking?"

Mi mala traducción: "Sé lo que yo sentía, pero ¿qué pensaba yo?"

Mi pregunta es la frase: "¿Qué pensaba yo?" ¿Es común o hay otra manera de decirla?

I'd say "¿En qué pensaba yo?",

I think the meaning is when looking back at a moment in your past, you wonder what was going through your mind in order for you to act that way.

But I'm sure there'll be some other foreros along soon with different interpretations...

I'll get my harmonica out while we're waiting...

zeb

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    I've got the banjo out, and out-of-tune as usual.

Oh...what on earth was I thinking
    when I took this here gig
    My dawg run off to ketch a rabbit
    'n came home with a pig

Now that I've got the bluegrass out of my system...Estoy de acuerdo con la estimada Zeb...¿En qué pensaba yo? También se podría traducir 'No estaba pensando.'

Cuchu

Parreño

USA, English and Spanish
    I'm gonna agree with faith..... "en qué estaba pensando" strikes me as doing the best job of conveying the meaning of the lyric.

funnydeal

Mexico / Español
    Parreño said:
    I'm gonna agree with faith..... "en qué estaba pensando" strikes me as doing the best job of conveying the meaning of the lyric.

I agree, besides it makes sense with the lyric. The correct translation is that one.

I was thinking = estaba pensado

:)