take care of her

albion

New Member
Alemania-alemán
¡Hola a todos!
¿Cómo se traduce "her" en esta frase
"I promise to take care of her"
"Prometo cuidar a ella" o "...la"?

Gracias

Albion
 
  • Marcela

    Senior Member
    Spanish - Río de la Plata
    Prometo cuidarla.

    (¡pobrecita! ¿para qué quiere que la cuiden? ¿no se sabe cuidar sola?)

    marcela

    More colloquial:
    Te prometo que la voy a cuidar.
    Te aseguro que la voy a cuidar.
    Yo te la cuido. Te lo prometo.
    Andá tranquilo. Yo te la cuido.
     

    belén

    Senior Member
    Spanish, Spain, Catalan, Mallorca
    A lo mejor es una bebé chimpancé de 2 meses de edad criada en cautiverio y no se puede cuidar solita :)
     

    albion

    New Member
    Alemania-alemán
    Hola,
    "Te prometo que la voy a cuidar/Prometo cuidar de ella" son correcto.
    ¿Como se dice si se usar un nombre a cambio de "ella"
    "Te prometo que nombre voy a cuidar/ Prometo cuidar de nombre"?
    La primera frase suena raro.


    Hello,
    How do I have to change the sentences if I want to use a name instead of "her"?
    At least sentence 1 looks strange to me then.

    Belén,
    "A lo mejor es una bebé chimpancé de 2 meses de edad criada en cautiverio y no se puede cuidar solita"
    Sorry, my spanish is not that good.
    What are you telling me about a 2 months old chimp that cannot do anything but cry and does not know how to help herself?
    Are you raising up chimps?
    Or was this just an example how to use "cuidar" "sola"?

    Thanks
    albion
     

    Carme

    Member
    Spain - Spanish
    albion said:
    ""Te prometo que nombre voy a cuidar/ Prometo cuidar de nombre"?
    La primera frase suena raro.

    Hello,
    How do I have to change the sentences if I want to use a name instead of "her"?
    At least sentence 1 looks strange to me then.

    Definitivamente suena fatal, ;) . If you want to use a name you'll have to place it at the end of the sentence: Te prometo que voy a cuidar de NOMBRE / Prometo cuidar de NOMBRE
     

    Philippa

    Senior Member
    Britain - English
    Hi albion
    Marcela said:
    Prometo cuidarla.
    (¡pobrecita! ¿para qué quiere que la cuiden? ¿no se sabe cuidar sola?)
    marcela
    I promise to take care of her (as you know! ;) ) Poor thing! Why do you want to care for her? Doesn't she know how to look after herself?

    belen said:
    A lo mejor es una bebé chimpancé de 2 meses de edad criada en cautiverio y no se puede cuidar solita :)
    Perhaps she's a 2 month old baby chimpanzee, raised in captivity and she doesn't know how to look after herself!! :D

    albion said:
    Belén,
    What are you telling me about a 2 months old chimp that cannot do anything but cry and does not know how to help herself?
    Are you raising up chimps?
    Thanks
    albion

    I hope this helps. (I hope I've understood it right!!) I don't think Belén raises chimps, but who knows!! :eek: :D

    Philippa :)
     

    albion

    New Member
    Alemania-alemán
    Philippa said:
    I hope this helps. (I hope I've understood it right!!) I don't think Belén raises chimps, but who knows!! :eek: :D

    Philippa :)


    :D :D :D you never know...

    So now the penny has dropped.
    I think it´s similar to what one experiences if the little sister or daughter leaves the family´s home for the first time. Everybody, especially mothers and elder brothers and sister are very worried and sometimes they exaggerate it.

    Thanks for your explaination.


    @Belén,
    open and above board,
    are you raising chimps? ;)


    saludos

    Albion
     

    Philippa

    Senior Member
    Britain - English
    albion said:
    I think it´s similar to what one experiences if the little sister or daughter leaves the family´s home for the first time. Everybody, especially mothers and elder brothers and sister are very worried and sometimes they exaggerate it.
    Albion

    What do you mean, Albion?
    Philippa :)
     

    belén

    Senior Member
    Spanish, Spain, Catalan, Mallorca
    Hello!!! I heard my name around here....;)

    Philippa knows me and she understand my silly jokes (thanks Phil!!) and yes, that's what I meant, that Marcela was asking herself why she needed to be taken care of and I just dropped the possibility of "her" being a baby chimpanzee.

    And no, unfortunately my life is not so exciting as raising chimps...but if there is a job opening that you know of...please drop me a line!!! :):):)
     

    albion

    New Member
    Alemania-alemán
    Philippa said:
    What do you mean, Albion?
    Philippa :)
    Hello Philippa,
    sorry for my late reply.
    I try to bring some light in my example. Maybe it wasn´t that clear.
    With this sentence I mean that sometimes the youngest daughter may be called "the pet of the family" ("Nesthaekchen" in german).
    Parents and elder brothers and sisters are taking care for her as if she cannot do anything by herself (No mtter if it´s the case or not)
    If this is the situation and this youngest daughter is leaving the family´s home and moves to a different location where the parents cannot take care for her, then the parents may searching for someone who can take care for her instead of them. And then they will say sentences like "Please take care of her".
    Hope that helps

    Albion
     

    albion

    New Member
    Alemania-alemán
    belen said:
    And no, unfortunately my life is not so exciting as raising chimps...but if there is a job opening that you know of...please drop me a line!!! :):):)
    jajaja...
    I will let you know.

    Thanks Belen, I like your kind of humour.
    Take a look at my last response to Philippa.("... pet of the family...")
    I seized your suggestion to refer to the animal world :)

    Albion
     

    Googol

    New Member
    España - Español
    "Al margen de las bromas..." No lo digo porque no me gusten... ;-) sino por enseñar otra expresión :-D

    For me "prometo cuidar de ella" sounds good, but it has a strong sense of responsability... it's sound too serious and polite.
    "Prometo cuidarla" is more common... and Marcela has propoused even more common (and colloquial) alternatives.
     

    albion

    New Member
    Alemania-alemán
    ¡Hola Gogool!
    Gracias por tu repuesta.
    Si padres pedirme entonces tengo que usar "prometo cuidar de ella",
    si amigos pedirme entonces puedo usar "Andá tranquilo. Yo te la cuido.", verdad?

    saludos

    Albion
     
    Top