Swedish: You are a very beautiful woman.

• Eddie

USA - English
    Hi, Aitor.

Du är en mycket skön | härlig kvinna.

The second adjective is more intense. Choose one; don't say both in the same sentence.

Hope that helps. Now you have to find out how to pronounce those words like a Swede!

egilmela

English - Ireland
    Eddie said:
    Hi, Aitor.

Du är en mycket skön | härlig kvinna.

The second adjective is more intense. Choose one; don't say both in the same sentence.

Hope that helps. Now you have to find out how to pronounce those words like a Swede!

I would rather use the word vacker,

Du är en mycket vacker kvinna!

I've also attached a sound file for you to hear how to pronounce it!

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Whodunit said:
    My 2 cents try:

Du är en så bra kvinna.

I don't like this. It means "You are such a good woman." It doesn't have the same effect.

PS - One says "my two cents" (without "try).

Eddie

USA - English
    Hi, Egilmela.

Thank you for the correction. As a Scandinavian, you are in a good position to know the appropriate turn of phrase.

I appreciate your intent in supplying me with the pronunciation of the phrase you suggested, but unfortunately, I was unable to open it; and I was looking forward to hearing it.

egilmela

English - Ireland
    Eddie said:
    Hi, Egilmela.

Thank you for the correction. As a Scandinavian, you are in a good position to know the appropriate turn of phrase.

I appreciate your intent in supplying me with the pronunciation of the phrase you suggested, but unfortunately, I was unable to open it; and I was looking forward to hearing it.

Just right click on your mouse and "Save Target As..."

Oros

Korean
    Eddie, I am surprised that you know Swedish too.

Jag prata svenska också. Men jag skriver dåligt.

By the way, it is not correct to write ' little help in swedish' . It should be 'Little help in Swedish'.

You don't write 'american' or ' america' . You will always write ' Ameican ' and ' America' . The same applies here.

Proper nouns .......

Oros

Korean
    Thanks Eddie

Nowadays I am attending a summer course in Spanish. That is why I am a bít curious about Spanish. I will look at your answer in English section. I have a very little time to read or rather attend matters related with the forums.

I am training 3 times a week at a gym. I am working and studying full time. How to find time is the biggest obstacle.

aitorTheRed

Spain, Spanish
    Thanks for all your replies! And for correct me in my little (and no so little ;)) mistakes :_)

I have one more question about Swedish:

Does anyone know how to say "Little vampire" ? I wish to tell to a friend (female) in a humorous way :)

Thanks again for all your help!
    Aitor

egilmela

English - Ireland
    aitorTheRed said:
    Thanks for all your replies! And for correct me in my little (and no so little ;)) mistakes :_)

I have one more question about Swedish:

Does anyone know how to say "Little vampire" ? I wish to tell to a friend (female) in a humorous way :)

Thanks again for all your help!
    Aitor

Din lilla vampyr!
    Also a file to help you pronounce it
    Just right click and "Save Target As..."
    ||
    \/

Attachments

• USE14841862005-14921.wav
      67.6 KB · Views: 358