se hiere a quien se ama

fabio28

america english
hello everyone!!
i can't figure out what this sentence means in spanish i think mostly because of the use in "se" in it. can someone please explain its usage in this sentence and please translate for me? thanks alot!!!
" y se hiere a quien tanto se amo por amar yo me fui de tu vida "

• cristóbal

EEUU/Inglés
    I think there's also a lack of punctuation that might be throwing you off...

Let's see... "and you hurt the one you loved so much. because of love I left your life." something like that. You've actually got two sentences, after looking at the lyrics to the song.
    The reflexive in this case "se hiere" is often translated as "you hurt" just like "¿Cómo se dice?" is often translated as "How do you say?" even though it literally means "How is it said"... So the sentence really says "and is hurt the one who was loved so much."

Graziella

Argentina - Spanish
    fabio28 said:
    hello everyone!!
    i can't figure out what this sentence means in spanish i think mostly because of the use in "se" in it. can someone please explain its usage in this sentence and please translate for me? thanks alot!!!
    " y se hiere a quien tanto se amo por amar yo me fui de tu vida "

Hi Fabio,
    This sentence is not complete, not even in Spanish.

Maybe is "y si se hiere a quien tanto se amó, por amar yo me fui de tu vida" If somebody hurts to whom he loved so much, for this same reason I walked out on you" I think that synthactically is wrong, even in English :(

or "no se hiere a quien tanto se amó, por amar yo me fui de tu vida"
    You don't hurt to whom you have loved so much, that's the reason why I left you"

Anyway, it sounds quite sad sentence :(
    Cheers!