Reunidos

weemofo

Northern Ireland, English
ACUERDO DE COLABORACION UNIVERSITARIO

REUNIDOS
De una parte, la Universidad de Uttoexeter, representada por el Excmo. Sr. Rector Dr. Fawcett y de otra la Universidad de Vetusta.....
Help with the bold phrases please! thanks.

• Focalist

European Union, English
    (By the way, the fictitious seat of learning corresponding to the equally invented Universidad de Vetusta is usually known as the University of Uttoxeter :))

UNIVERSITY COLLABORATION AGREEMENT

REUNIDOS De una parte... de otra...
    Literally, this means "ASSEMBLED On one side... and on the other" -- however, legal agreements are not expressed quite like this in English.

Excmo. = Excelentísimo: this is an honorary form of address used for dignitaries.
    The closest equivalent in English would be to list all the person's academic titles, e.g.
    "the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robert Fawcett, BSc, PhD, DSc, LLD, MRIA, CBiol, FIBiol, FIBMS, FRSA".

F

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    weemofo said:

REUNIDOS
    De una parte, la Universidad de Uttoexeter, representada por el Excmo. Sr. Rector Dr. Fawcett y de otra la Universidad de Vetusta.....

This is my contribution:

On one side, ...................the Esteemed, Most High, etc. ....... and on the other side,....

I think this structure could also mean "on the one hand" and "on the other hand"...

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    weemofo said:

REUNIDOS

Oops, I forgot the capitalized parts. Here's what I think:

AGREEMENT OF UNIVERSITY COOPERATION

TO UNITE (TO MEET, TO JOIN...)