Qualifying "yes" in Slavic Languages

123xyz

Macedonian
Recently, while I was conversing in Macedonian, my collocutor pointed out what she believed to be a mistake. She had asked me if I was satisfied, to which I replied "па да, прилично", which basically translates to "well yes, rather" or "well yes, quite". She, in turn, commented that my reply isn't valid and that it is presumably modeled on some English phrase (i.e. that it is a calque, full or partial). According to her (based on what I understood), in Macedonian one cannot qualify "yes" with follow-up words such as "rather" or "quite". I don't see why this would be so - it seems perfectly fine to me, just like "да, многy" ("yes, very") does. In fact, it seems more questionable in English, rather than Macedonian. Not that I am sufficiently acquainted with English to dwell upon such nuances, but I wouldn't readily say "yes, quite/rather" in English (in this context, at least); I would go with something such as "yes, I suppose" or "yes, I daresay".

Having said that, I would like to get some confirmation as to whether what I said in Macedonian was indeed tainted by English in any way or whether my collocutor simply hadn't heard this particular sequence of words, found it unfamiliar, and mistakenly labeled it as incorrect. I would be specifically interested in replies that pertain to Macedonian (perhaps in Macedonian, it is specifically the word "приличнo" that cannot stand on its own without the word it qualifies directly following it, or something such), but I would also like input from speakers of other Slavic languages. In your respective language, is it possible to qualify the word "yes" with an adverb following it? I suppose that if it works in most other Slavic languages, it should work in Macedonian (and it would in all likelihood demonstrate that there is nothing inherently English in the construction, as was alleged).

Thank you in advance

• FairOaks

Banned
    Bulgarian
    ПРАВЪΙИ ИЗЪ ВАЮ ѤСИ ТЪΙ. ТАКОЖДЄ НИКЪГДА НЄ МОЗИ СѪПОРИТИ СЪ ЖЄНОѬ.

Awwal12

Russian
    As far as the question is about other Slavic languages, in Russian "yes" cannot be qualified by itslef. Whic doesn't mean that the topic of the question cannot either. In the phrase "да, вполне" the latter word refers to the very question, not to "да"; you cannot, for instance, say "вполне да", but the first phrase is 100% ok.

123xyz

Macedonian
    It is the first instance that I was wondering about - when I spoke of "yes" being qualified, I wasn't referring to having words directly modify "yes" morphologically. By "qualify", I meant "milden the meaning". Anyway, thank you for the input.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    In Polish at least there are two expressions I heard (I might be wrong on the spelling): raczaj tak, chyba tak which amout to "(It's) rather yes" or "(I suppose, I'm leaned to say), (most probably) "yes".