Norwegian: Where there's no trust there's no family

littlemissvampire

Hell, English
Hey people I was hopeing one of you wonderful people could help me. I've been trying to find a translation for a phrase ' Where there's no trust there's no family' into Norwegian, but I can't find a website or somebody who can translate it for me...........can any of you help me?
Thanks
xxx

• elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Welcome to the forums.

Your sentence is not correct in English. Did you mean "Where there's no trust there's no family"?

bjervell

Norwegian
    littlemissvampire said:
    Hey people I was hopeing one of you wonderful people could help me. I've been trying to find a translation for a phrase ' Where there's no trust there's no family' into Norwegian, but I can't find a website or somebody who can translate it for me...........can any of you help me?
    Thanks
    xxx

Since no one has answered this, I'll throw in my 2 cents. Even though I have a distinct feeling that this is an english saying who'se full meaning I don't understand...

There are several ways to say this in Norwegian, depending on the context (formal/informal, for example) IMHO. A rather litteral translation could be "Der det ikke finnes tiltro, er det ingen familie".