Norwegian: Jeg melder meg til tjeneste.

Kajeetah

French - France
Hi!
It's me once again with my Norwegian series.

An actress is on the phone, she has just agreed to join a TV show. She already knows the producer who's calling her, they partied together. After she agrees, she says;
"Jeg melder meg til tjeneste." (whith pauses/hesitations between the words and theatrical gestures with her hand.)
My English translations says: "Yeah, I’ll be there." but when I translate in with Google there's something about "at your service"

Is she saying "I'll be there" in a funny way?
Thanks in advance!

• raumar

Norwegian
    You are right, the English translation you were given doesn't really capture the nuances.

I would translate "Jeg melder meg til tjeneste" as "I'll report for duty", or something like that. It looks like she pretends to be a soldier, confirming that she will follow the orders of her commanding officer.

You mention that she makes theatrical gestures with her hand. Could that be a military salute?

Kajeetah

French - France
    No, it's very different, I see it as gestures you make for yourself while talking on the phone when you're trying to find the right words, or to motivate yourself (she wants to sound good on the phone)
    Thanks a lot!