Norwegian: hjertelista di?

littlepond

Hindi
Hei alle sammen! In NRK's web/TV series, in Episode 1, 2 girls are in a party. Around them people are talking to each other, trying to settle on what music to play, etc.; someone among them, at around 4:25 in the episode, asks "hjertelista di?" (at least as per the series subtitles). It's voice off the screen, one doesn't know further context or anything. But what's "hjertelista" and what's "di"?

My guess so far is that since they had been talking about music, maybe "hjertelista" is "heart's list", so some kind of a favourite playlist of tracks, or something like that? Is it a word used at all, or just in the series? And what about "di"? Is it a short form for "din, ditt, dine"?

Thanks in advance!

• basslop

Norsk (Norwegian)
    As a native Norwegian it is not a word I have heard of, but i interpret the same as you do.

"Di" is the feminine of "din". It corresponds with the a-form of liste: Lista di. In Norwegian bokmål you can chose "liste" to be feminine or masculin: Ei liste, lista di or En liste, listen din.

winenous

English - British
    maybe "hjertelista" is "heart's list", so some kind of a favourite playlist of tracks, or something like that?
    It's the term used by Spotify for that sort of thing. But as I do not use Spotify, I don't know precisely what it is for.

(Edited for detail)

Last edited:

Svenke

Norwegian
    I interpret hjerteliste as a list of items that someone loves, because the heart symbol is used to mark off favourites. In other words, like you suggest yourself, littlepond.

littlepond

Hindi
    ^ Thanks a lot everyone for very helpful replies! Had never thought that there must be a feminine equivalent of "din", "min", etc.! Of course there must be!