All Slavic: toilet paper

ilocas2

Banned
Czech
How do you say toilet paper in your language? List also colloquial words, not only oficial. Thank you

Last edited:
  • jasio

In Polish it's "papier toaletowy".

With regards to the colloquialisms, you may probably find many, especially used locally or regionally. The one which I remembered was 'srajtaśma', which could be roughly translated as a 'sh*t tape'. I also seem to recall 'dupny papier'. Although, frankly speaking, I would not use either of these words in a conversation with my mum.

ajitam

Serbo-Croatian
    "Toaletni papir", "toalet papir" and "wc papir" are all normal ways of calling it. Colloquially, there's also "drek papir".

Awwal12

Russian
    In Russian it is, quite literally, туалетная бумага (tual'étnaja bumága). I cannot remember anything colloquial except probably "туалетка" (tual'étka); it can be contextually shortened to just "paper" (бумага), of course.

bibax

Czech (Prague)
    Czech: toaletní papír, colloquially hajzlpapír (quite common word);

hajzl (colloquially WC, bog, crapper) < Austrian German Häusel, Scheißhäusel + papír < Germ. Papier;

Last edited:

Awwal12

Russian
    I cannot remember anything colloquial except probably "туалетка" (tual'étka)
    Actually I can: "сортирка" (sortírka, [sɐɾ'tʲiɾkə]). :) That's what we used to call it in the army most of the time. (Сортир is a colloquial word for a toilet, from French "sortir" - "to exit".)