Swedish: känna sig icke-religiösa

Keb4b_

Finnish
Hej! Är denna mening logisk eller är den svår att förstå? Jag menar särskilt "känna sig icke-religiösa" delen.

Jag är säker på att många av er inte tror på Gud för allt fler studerande känner sig icke-religiösa enligt studierna.

Tack för hjälpet!

• MattiasNYC

Swedish
    Tja... "känna sig" eller "vara"?

Jag tror det är svårt att vara religiös men inte känna sig religiös. Så "allt fler är icke-religiösa" ser bättre ut tycker jag eftersom om man känner sig icke-religiös så är man nog det ocskå¨.

serbianfan

British English
    This is about scientific studies, and when you have asked respondents about their attitude to religion, it's normal to say in English e.g. "most respondents perceived themselves as..." rather than "most respondents were...". So although I know Norwegian rather than Swedish, "känner sig" seems ok to me in the context of a study.

MattiasNYC

Swedish
    This is about scientific studies, and when you have asked respondents about their attitude to religion, it's normal to say in English e.g. "most respondents perceived themselves as..." rather than "most respondents were...". So although I know Norwegian rather than Swedish, "känner sig" seems ok to me in the context of a study.

See to me "känna sig" is more of a statement about one's emotional state or feelings. I think all of the other recommended alternatives by Abbe and Owl are more reflective what a person "is". I just don't think I've ever said myself that I "feel nonreligious", or "feel that I am nonreligious". I just am.

So I think the aforementioned alternatives are better.