Remise, release and forever discharge

< Previous | Next >

JonasClaus

Spanish
Hi everyone,

I am in need of assistance with the translation of the word Remise in a Termination Agreement.

I am aware that the word Remise in legal terminology can mean: to release a claim to, remise or surrender by deed.

I would like to find the proper transnational for the word remise when used in the following context (without sounding redundant):

"The Parties do hereby mutually remise, release and forever discharge each other and their respective administrators,..."

All inputs are appreciated. Thank you.

• Grace Bro

French
    I Think all the verbs have the same meaning. their equivalent is : to hold harmless (in french: dégager de toute responsabilité : "les parties, ainsi que leurs administrateurs, sont dégagés de toute responsabilité°. I hope this may help.

Grace Bro

Grace Bro

French
    Dear Colleague,
    What you have to do is to look for the translation ofthe phrase "to hold harmless" in spanish. Remember that in some contracts, ancient legal wording is often kept as is the case with your sentence. I know these things because I attended a legal translation course in Canada in 2015.

Grace Bro

French
    Dear Colleague,
    What you have to do is to look for the translation ofthe phrase "to hold harmless" in spanish. Remember that in some contracts, ancient legal wording is often kept as is the case with your sentence. I know these things because I attended a legal translation course in Canada in 2015.

RicardoElAbogado

American English
    Hi everyone,

I am in need of assistance with the translation of the word Remise in a Termination Agreement.

I am aware that the word Remise in legal terminology can mean: to release a claim to, remise or surrender by deed.

I would like to find the proper transnational for the word remise when used in the following context (without sounding redundant):

"The Parties do hereby mutually remise, release and forever discharge each other and their respective administrators,..."

All inputs are appreciated. Thank you.
    If you don't want to sound redundant, then don't translate "remise" and "forever discharge" as they are redundancies in English. The same is true of "mutually" when you have "each other" in the same sentence. And "do" and "hereby" aren't both needed either. It would be sufficient to say in Spanish "The Parties hereby release each other ...." Absolutely nothing would be lost in that translation.

Songbird17

Spanish/English
    If you don't want to sound redundant, then don't translate "remise" and "forever discharge" as they are redundancies in English. The same is true of "mutually" when you have "each other" in the same sentence. And "do" and "hereby" aren't both needed either. It would be sufficient to say in Spanish "The Parties hereby release each other ...." Absolutely nothing would be lost in that translation.
    Yes, but what would the translation of "remise" be? I am looking for it also.

< Previous | Next >