primer centro hospitalario de alta resolución de especialidades (CHARE)

< Previous | Next >

3pebbles

English England
Hi,
I'm translating a news flash regarding a new hospital in Spain. Apart from the name of the center, it's also known as CHARE - centro hospitalario de alta resolución de especialidades.
My difficulty is translating 'alta resolución', but was wondering whether this could refer to a wider range of specialities than are normally found at a medical center.
Any help would be great.
Thank you

• fsabroso

Perú / Castellano
    Hi>

In Spanish "alta resolución" to refer a hospital sounds odd; but, I wouldn't translate it, I'd just put a note "High Quality Specialties Hospital"

3pebbles

English England
    Thanks fsabroso, I think your suggestion at least explains what the center is all about. And I agree, alta resolución regarding a hospital sounds very strange but it does exist.

CharlesTESOL

U.S. English
    alta resolución regarding a hospital sounds very strange but it does exist.
    Yes, it's a type of hospital and clinic in Spain. where an effort is made to not make the patient wait for tests and minor procedures. They try to do everything they can on the day the patient visits, instead of making an appointment for a test or minor procedure in a few days, or weeks, or worse, months. The term I've seen used for this in the USA is "fast track." See: fast-track

P.S., I know this post is from many years ago, but I came across it and thought I add this in case anyone else ever is searching for the same term.

ChemaSaltasebes

Castellano (España)
    This is very interesting, Charles.
    Actually fast-track usually refers to ER non-vital pathology care or to fast outpatient follow up after hospital stay. Meanwhile, the concept of (consulta de) alta resolución usually points to a single-visit diagnosis and treatment oupatient setting; to an outpatient quick diagnosis setting that usually allows also for full or initial treatment as well, all in the same day, and which is unrelated to the ER department -or not directly related to the ER. I haven't yet seen a clear equivalent in English medical literature other than different attempts to translate the Spanish concept (such as "Outpatient Quick Diagnosis Units"). I believe though that something like fast-track outpatient care might work as a good approximation to what consultas de alta resolución conveys after all.

< Previous | Next >