Pimpili - word used in euphemistic refusal

< Previous | Next >

franknagy

The part pimpili of the composed word pejpacipimpili means obviously the same organ of the stallion as the word used in the well-known refusal. I have not met, however, with the word pimpili in standalone format and in another context. Have you met with it?

• franknagy

Hello Frank,

I have never ever come across 'pimpili' or 'pejpacipimpili'.
    Do/did people use it? Where and when?
    We use "pejpacipimpili" it in the family when we do not want to say the coarse refusal "l@f@szt".

The word has 4 funny properties:
    1. Its almost all consonants are 'p'-s.
    2. Its almost all vowels are 'i'-s.
    3. It overall rhythm is two dactiles - u u | - u u.
    4. It consists an internal assonance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zsanna

ModErrata
    Hungarian - Hungary
    I haven't met pimpili alone or as part of another expression, either. (And our household swearword is "bugger" but it is totally OT, so I wouldn't insist.)
    However...
    The part pimpili of the composed word pejpacipimpili means obviously the same organ of the stallion as the word used in the well-known refusal.
    What do you mean by that?

francisgranada

Hungarian
    Én úgy tudom, hogy a pimpi (= himvessző) létezik mint gyermekszó vagy eufemizmus, de a pimpilit se a pejpacipimpilit eddig nem hallottam.

Last edited:

Zsanna

ModErrata
    Hungarian - Hungary
    Francis, I haven't heard about that, either, but my aunt wouldn't have been too happy to have Pimpi as a nickname (originally she was called Anna) if the word was used in that sense around here (in the south).;)

AndrasBP

Hungarian
    1. "Its almost all consonants are 'p'-s."
    Szerintem nyugodtan magyarra válthatunk, nem hiszem, hogy magyarul tanuló külföldieknek releváns lenne a téma :)
    Valóban vicces hangzású a szó, de valójában a mássalhangzóknak "csak" a fele "p". Bocs a szőrszálhasogatásért.

Zsanna

ModErrata
    Hungarian - Hungary
    Frank, would you please answer my question in no.4?
    Given that none of us knows the expression, to call it a "well-known refusal" doesn't really seem to be justified.
    To start with what does it "refuse" and in what way?

AndrasBP

Hungarian
    Zsanna, you seem to have misunderstood Frank's post no.3.
    Here's what he means:

"We use "pejpacipimpili" in the family when we do not want to say the coarse refusal "l@f@szt"."

franknagy

1. "Its almost all consonants are 'p'-s."
    Szerintem nyugodtan magyarra válthatunk, nem hiszem, hogy magyarul tanuló külföldieknek releváns lenne a téma :)
    Valóban vicces hangzású a szó, de valójában a mássalhangzóknak "csak" a fele "p". Bocs a szőrszálhasogatásért.
    Ekkora többséggel a parlamentben már kormányt lehet alakítani.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zsanna

ModErrata
    Hungarian - Hungary
    Thanks, András, now it's clear.:)

@ frank:
    1. I still wouldn't consider it a "well-known refusal" (especially written like this, in English), given that it is vulgar and maybe it is used often enough but surely not by everybody. (Especially not by women...:rolleyes:)
    2. So here is an example then why linguistics and politics are two, different cups of tea.

< Previous | Next >