Norwegian: som skal til

dukaine

English - American
Don't know what "skal til" means right here.

Følger du disse rådene er du godt på vei til å få en bedre nattesøvn, og ofte er det bare enkle grep som skal til.

I'm thinking something like "that will do it," that is, accomplish the goal of a good night's sleep, but not sure.

Thanks!

• serbianfan

British English
    Det norske akademis ordbok (NAOB) goes into great detail about almost everything in the Norwegian language, which is good, but can make it difficult to find exactly what you want. I looked up 'til' and had to plough through a myriad of phrases with 'til' before I finally found under point 2.13 ('to express a need, requirement or consumption') the example 'Det skal mange penger til før bygningen er reist', which could be translated as 'We/they will need lots of money to put up that building'.

dukaine

English - American
    I looked up 'til' and had to plough through a myriad of phrases with 'til' before I finally found under point 2.13 ('to express a need, requirement or consumption') the example 'Det skal mange penger til før bygningen er reist', which could be translated as 'We/they will need lots of money to put up that building'.
    So grateful for people like you who are willing to do all that to help someone learn! I looked up"skal" there but not "til". NAOB still intimidates me a bit, since I'm still a beginner. Even translating to English, it's still a lot.