Norwegian: Jeg ikke driver

< Previous | Next >

dukaine

English - American
I was curious about the meaning of this phrase. The person is upset about a particular behavior, but I couldn't make out whether or not he's saying that he can't allow himself to get too upset, or if he's saying he can't handle it when people do this.

Jeg vet ikke hvor ofte jeg ser dette når jeg gjester andres treningssentre, og ser hvordan folk som trener på gym [jeg ikke driver] løper frem og tilbake mellom maskiner og apparater, som om det var deres eget gym…

• raumar

Norwegian
    Some context and/or your source could be useful, but I assume that this person owns or manages a gym.

It is probably easier to read this if you insert "som" (which is optional here): [(som) jeg ikke driver]. In English: [(that) I don't run]. In other words, he is upset by this behaviour when he visits other gyms than the one he runs himself.

I have no idea why he points out that this happens in other gyms than his own. Maybe he thinks that his own customers are too polite to behave that way? Or maybe he just throws them out, if they do that in his own gym?

dukaine

English - American
    Some context and/or your source could be useful, but I assume that this person owns or manages a gym.

It is probably easier to read this if you insert "som" (which is optional here): [(som) jeg ikke driver]. In English: [(that) I don't run]. In other words, he is upset by this behaviour when he visits other gyms than the one he runs himself.

I have no idea why he points out that this happens in other gyms than his own. Maybe he thinks that his own customers are too polite to behave that way? Or maybe he just throws them out, if they do that in his own gym?
    Oh, I see, thanks so much!

The source is a list of things not to do in a gym, and this particular one was don't use up multiple pieces of equipment, so I don't know that it would have helped to discern that he owns gyms, because the bio only says he's a training expert and blogger. The context I gave was the whole copy of that particular "don't".

Sepia

High German/Danish

He would probably do something. Warn them. Warn them again, Kick them out. Or he only accepts polite clients to start with.
    At least it is obvious that he wants to point out that this kind of bad behaviour is not to be expected in HIS gyms. And why shouldn't he?

< Previous | Next >