No está llevando bien la cuarentena

< Previous | Next >

jaimehm

Spanish
Hola,

Nuestra jefa ha vuelto de vacaciones y tiene que hacer cuarentena. Entonces le quería comentar a un compañero que no la está llevando muy bien, por el hecho que está todo el día encerrada en casa.

No lleva bien la cuarentena, no le está sentando bien.

My attempts
I think she isn't holding up well the quarantine.
Quarantine isn't helping with her mood.

• cidertree

English - Ireland
    I think she isn't holding up well under the quarantine.
    Quarantine isn't helping with her mood. :tick:

You could also say:
    "She's not taking the quarantine very well"
    "The quarantine is getting to her"

cidertree

English - Ireland
    "She's not handling the quarantine very well"
    "She's not coping the with quarantine very well"
    Both express it perfectly.

cidertree

English - Ireland
    Oops. Quite correct. My apologies Jaime and thank you LVRBC. It's bad when I can't proofread my own posts. "She's not coping with quarantine very well" is what I would have liked to have written.

cidertree

English - Ireland
    Yes, I think I prefer "the quarantine" in the present context.
    As you say, it's a matter of preference but there isn't a huge difference between the two. "Quarantine" would refer to the whole concept of forced isolation from others whereas "the quarantine" would refer to this present iteration or to her particular quarantine. Perhaps "her quarantine", as Cerros de Úbeda suggests, would be better than either.

Aguas Claras

UK English
    As you say, it's a matter of preference but there isn't a huge difference between the two. "Quarantine" would refer to the whole concept of forced isolation from others whereas "the quarantine" would refer to this present iteration or to her particular quarantine. Perhaps "her quarantine", as Cerros de Úbeda suggests, would be better than either.
    Agreed.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    I disagree with using "her quarantine" in this context. That would be appropriate for a situation in which only the individual referred to was quarantined for a contagious illness, but that is not what we are currently experiencing.

< Previous | Next >