my heart is yours

< Previous | Next >

Liznew

English
Hi, my boyfriend is Romanian and I am buying him a bracelet for his name day next month.

I want to engrave something special on the back in Romanian. I really wanted to put “my heart is yours” or “ my heart belongs to you”.

I can only have 20 characters, spaces included. I saw online that the translation for this was “Inima mea iti apartine“ but unfortunately this is 22 characters, so is too long.

Please could anyone help me with what I could engrave on it with the kind of thing I have put above??

I also saw that a direct translation for my heart is yours, is
inima mea este a ta, but I wasn’t sure if that was just a literal translation or is something Romanian people would actually say?? Any help much appreciated!

• Liznew

English
    Translated in English, literally, it means "my heart is yours".
    I understand that it means that in English. I want it to mean that in Romanian and mean what it does in English. I don’t know if it would be used in Romanian to say to someone special??

farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    You're dealing here with the 20 characters limitation. "Inima mea este a ta" would not be my first choice, but alternatives sounding better will require more than 20 characters.

With that in mind, I think your choice makes sense.

Liznew

English
    You're dealing here with the 20 characters limitation. "Inima mea este a ta" would not be my first choice, but alternatives sounding better will require more than 20 characters.

With that in mind, I think your choice makes sense.
    Ahhh I know, it is really annoying the 20 character limit! I don’t know what to do because I want it to make sense and sound right.

If it doesn’t sound that great in Romanian, maybe something else might be better??

Thank you for your reply

danielstan

Romanian - Romania
    "Îți dărui..." is, perhaps, a regional or an archaic form.
    In literary Romanian the correct form is "Îți dăruiesc..."
    Reference: dexonline - click the tab 'conjugări'

< Previous | Next >