Let's hope

< Previous | Next >

meali

Czech
Hello, I'd like to ask how to say "let's hope..." in Russian. I've seen both "Let's hope" and "Hopefully" translated as "Надеюсь,...", but I feel like it doesn't have the same nuance, to me it seems like it's only the speaker doing the hoping, just "I hope". Am I wrong about that? I need it for the sentence "Let's hope he survives the winter". I want to express a general hope an animal survives, not just my own hope. Would "С надеждой" be a good term in such case? Thanks a lot!

• Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Ситуация у нее серьезная, но, как говорят врачи, стабильная. Давайте надеяться, что у нее все будет хорошо, – прокомментировала Елена Малышева. (vse42.ru) Let's hope she'll be ok.
    «Давайте надеяться, что в матче с США российских хоккеистов будут судить нормально» (sport24.ru) Let's hope that in the match with the USA we get some decent refereeing for the Russian players.
    ... давайте надеяться, что карантин отменят до того, как у всех закончатся деньги (moskvichmag.ru) Let's hope they call off the quarantine restrictions before everyone runs out of money.

< Previous | Next >