label identifying information in the world of limited real estate on DSPs

< Previous | Next >

sophiasophie

Chinese
Hi,

I am totally confused by the following sentence appearing in a letter written by a person working at a music company:

"I also understand that there is often pressure to use wording which is viewed as important as label identifying information in the world of limited real estate on DSPs. "

Specifically, I don't understand the meaning of limited real estate and DSPs. I guess "real estate" means space, and DSP means Digital Service Provider? but I am not sure, and it does not make a lot of sense.

The letter is about the importance of using correct copyright notices on the company's sound recordings.

Many thanks!

• Uncle Jack

British English
    Specifically, I don't understand the meaning of limited real estate and DSPs. I guess "real estate" means space, and DSP means Digital Service Provider? but I am not sure, and it does not make a lot of sense.
    They are exactly the meanings, and the the sense would come from understanding what needed to be written and how DSP web pages are laid out. Labels found it hard enough squeezing copyright and legal text is onto a physical compact disk or DVD, for example (find one and see just how small the text size is). Now think of a typical DSP web page, where often no space at all is given to display label information.

I cannot say I that understand exactly what the writer's concerns are, but in general terms it seems a reasonable thing to say.

< Previous | Next >