intelligenza linda

< Previous | Next >

sloew00

Hebrew
Hello,
Contemporary prose:
"Voglio essere tua amica, disse, sei un sovversivo candido, un’intelligenza linda."
"I would like to be your friend, she said, you are an innocent subversive, a tidy intellectual".
I don't understand what is the meaning of un’intelligenza linda. Any idea?
Thanks!

• rrose17

Canada, English
    In English “you are a ... intelligence” doesn’t make sense. “You have a ... intelligence“ does. Can you really say in Italian “sei un’intelligenza”?

rrose17

Canada, English
    So back to the OT would something like the following work?
    ... you are frankly subversive with a tidy mind.

ohbice

In English “you are a ... intelligence” doesn’t make sense. “You have a ... intelligence“ does. Can you really say in Italian “sei un’intelligenza”?
    Sì, io direi tranquillamente "Sei un sovversivo candido, un'anima trasparente, un'intelligenza preziosa".
    Si sottointende "sei un sovversivo candido, una persona dall'animo trasparente, una persona dall'intelligenza preziosa".
    Mi sembra che la figura retorica si chiami metonimia.

Last edited:

sloew00

Hebrew
    Thank you, it is a novel, written last year. This dialog takes place in the seventies.
    My question is only regarding "un’intelligenza linda", what does it mean? what is it "tidy mind"?
    I do not wish to mix the two expressions, I'm trying to understand what is the meaning of intelligenza linda.

< Previous | Next >