Portuguese to English escorrer

Dictionary entry: escorrer
< Previous | Next >

Alan Evangelista

Brazilian Portuguese
I have never seen the verb "to low off", which is given as a translation of the Portuguese verb "escorrer". I have never seen the verb "to empty" used as a translation of "escorrer" either. Maybe an example would make it clear?

Usual translations of "escorrer" are "to run (down/off)", "to drain" (e.g. potatoes), "to flow" (e.g. water, hair), "to slide" (e.g. tear), "to bleed" (e.g. paint), "to drip out".

• casaleiro

Dictionary Editor
    English - Ireland
    Indeed, 'low off' doesn't exist. It's obviously a typo and should presumably have been 'flow off'.
    I'll take a closer look at the whole dictionary entry in a little while, bearing your suggestions in mind.

casaleiro

Dictionary Editor
    English - Ireland
    I added the following senses: drain (transitive), drip, trickle, run, flow (all intransitive). That's as much as I can do right now. However, this is a verb that has quite an array of different senses. For the job to be done properly the PTBase editors will have to add these.

As always, it takes time before corrections appear online. And as always, thanks for your suggestions.

< Previous | Next >