Create an iOS & Android app for forum.wordreference.com

< Previous | Next >

zulu2020

Vietnamese
Hi everyone,
Im considering making an iOS & Android app for this forum.
So it's easy to comment , reply,create thread on this forum.
Arrange UI in a better UI.

So how do u think about this?

• mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Hi Zulu,

I like the idea, but you should understand a few things first and maybe build on work that others have done.

A few notes:
    - We use Xenforo forum software. Anything you create for WordReference would probably work for all Xenforo-based forums.
    - This software already has PWA app-like functionality.
    - There are already some implementations. Maybe we could use or adapt one of those. (1) A work in progress. (2) One that is for sale by a Vietnamese developer. I'm sure there are more.
    - I have made a number of modifications to the HTML here and would want the app to have the same style of modifications. For instance, we allow different emojis depending on the forum. As long as it is a "web view", it shouldn't be problem but it would be impossible if you try to re-implement it in native code.

So, you can see that there are some complexities here to create an app.

zulu2020

Vietnamese
    Hi Zulu,

I like the idea, but you should understand a few things first and maybe build on work that others have done.

A few notes:
    - We use Xenforo forum software. Anything you create for WordReference would probably work for all Xenforo-based forums.
    - This software already has PWA app-like functionality.
    - There are already some implementations. Maybe we could use or adapt one of those. (1) A work in progress. (2) One that is for sale by a Vietnamese developer. I'm sure there are more.
    - I have made a number of modifications to the HTML here and would want the app to have the same style of modifications. For instance, we allow different emojis depending on the forum. As long as it is a "web view", it shouldn't be problem but it would be impossible if you try to re-implement it in native code.

So, you can see that there are some complexities here to create an app.
    Yes i do know that there are some complexities.
    And I want to ask you that is it allow for me to create an app for this forum and publish on stores?
    Thanks in advanced

< Previous | Next >