Crêpe

< Previous | Next >
  • Daffodil100

Chinese
    可丽饼。

This is not a popular cake in China. Just a few people know it, even in Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:

CamelCase

Italian
    谢谢你们!

我的一个朋友(one of my friends) 告诉我可丽饼和煎饼果子不一样的。煎饼果子是中国名菜,可丽饼是外国菜。。。:confused:
    我觉得可能可丽饼更好的翻译,因为crêpe是法国菜。

拜拜

Cam

Daffodil100

Chinese
    可丽饼是品牌名称,也是注册商标之一。(法文:crêpe)是一种比薄烤饼更薄的煎饼、以
    小麦制作且风行全欧洲和世界许多角落的美食,由一种可丽饼烤盘(一种没有边的特殊加热炉具)或平底锅煎制两面而成,可用作甜点的盘底,也可以自成一道佳肴美馔。
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/608141.htm

jedediah

China, Chinese
    I am aware of the differences between crepes and jianbing guozi. Crepes here in Germany are often served as dessert while jianbing guozi is a snack food. There are many verities of crepes, however, and when the filling of a crepe is Youtiao instead of say, Nutella, I would call it a jianbing guozi.

Of course, a crepe is wiki-officially called 可丽饼 in Chinese, but I’ve never heard of it before. French cuisine is not particularly well known to the Chinese audience, and as a consequence, many phonetic translations do not serve the purpose well.

In short, if you want to tell people what a crepe is, you may compare it with jianbing guozi. If you run a French restaurant in China, write 可丽饼 on your menu.

Daffodil100

Chinese
    『可丽饼』3个字中文名称起源于偶然,当初是为了圆一位从美国留学回来朋友的梦,想吃法国「法文crepe」地道口味的餠,重义气的老板凭空想象,开始研发制作而贩卖起来,1997年在台湾逢甲夜市开设第一家店,将店名特别命名一个有气质的名称『非常巴黎』,并把法文crepe的翻译为『可爱又美丽的餠』,因此命名为『可丽饼』,经过不断的创新,『可丽饼』已经成为台湾各大夜市,人手一块的热门美食

http://baike.baidu.com/view/608141.htm

jedediah

China, Chinese
    I have never been to Taiwan and that explains why I had not heard of the name before. If OP is in Taiwan, then 可丽饼 is the way to go. I am fully convinced.

Lamb67

China/Mandarin
    法式+煎饼 Jian Bin captures the Chinese heart and Fa Shi explains the speciality of it. This makes sense to the people of the North as jianbin is their food.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >