Awl / Lesina / المخرز / مخرز

< Previous | Next >

Rainbowlight

Spanish
Hello,

I was wondering which of these forms - / المخرز / مخرز / - is the right one. Since I can't speak Arabic, I wonder if there is any website that includes clear pronunciations of Arabic words. Sometimes I use Forvo but the results are often sketchy. I have attached an image file of the object, in case there could be any confusion.

I also wanted to know which is the primordial root of the words above, in case they have one.

Thank you so much

Kind regards

Attachments

• Rainbowlight

Spanish
    It's the same word. The first, مخرز, is indefinite (there is no indefinite article in Arabic). The second, المخرز, is definite; it starts with "al", the Arabic definite article.
    The root is خرز
    I was wondering if more information could be extracted from the root itself. That is, has the Arabic root a meaning in itself? Examples: it could mean "perforator", "needle", "sewer"...

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

djara

Tunisia Arabic
    I was wondering if more information could be extracted from the root itself. That is, has the Arabic root a meaning in itself? Examples: it could mean "perforator", "needle", "sewer"...
    In the dictionaries, the verb خرز means to perforate, to string, to put in order... A خرزة is a bead (beads are perforated stones strung with a thread)
    It may be from a semitic root. In biblical hebrew, you find the word חָרוּז (charuz) meaning a string of beads. (Source: Strong's Hebrew)

Rainbowlight

Spanish
    In the dictionaries, the verb خرز means to perforate, to string, to put in order... A خرزة is a bead (beads are perforated stones strung with a thread)
    It may be from a semitic root. In biblical hebrew, you find the word חָרוּז (charuz) meaning a string of beads. (Source: Strong's Hebrew)
    Thank you so much!

< Previous | Next >