a Flask

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
English – American
I need to know the word for "flask" (the kind that you drink hard liquor out of).

The dictionary has three entries ––
fiola, üvegcse, laposüveg

Which is the one I need?
  • gorilla

    Hungarian - Hungary
    You need "laposüveg" (lit. flat bottle) and it can also be called "flaska" (pronounced in the Hungarian way, with 'sh' sound).
    (In such cases it's useful to do a Google image search for the words)
    I am surprised nobody mentioned my grandfather's favourite word for it: butykos.
    If you want to use real Hungarian words, there's a chance.

    But be careful to put only good pálinka in it, this is how it should be used.;)
    < Previous | Next >