10 Years: Thank you, Mike!

< Previous | Next >
  • fsabroso

Perú / Castellano
    Mike, you did it!

Thank you for create a site not just for translation but to place where many people can interact and learn about each other's culture; and where we have created many friendships that became real strong.

Thank you!!!!!

Last edited:

ShineLikeStars

English - Canada
    This is THE language forum and resource I ALWAYS turn to. So grateful that it exists and thank you for coming up with this wonderful idea. It has helped me tremendously over the yers, many thanks, Mike!

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Thank you, Mike Kellogg, for bringing together so many language enthusiasts from all over the globe!
    It's an honor to be part of the wonderful WR community.
    :)

Last edited:

seekenglish

China-Chinese
    生日快乐, my favourite forum!
    非常感谢, Mike!
    Though I'm new in the forum, I've learnt a lot here.
    Thanks to Mike and the team!

belén

Spanish, Spain, Catalan, Mallorca
    Thank you for everything, Mike. I cannot tell you how much you and WR mean to me.
    Big hug to all who make this such a great place.

Maria Leopoldina

Brazil, portuguese
    Meus parabéns ao fórum pelo seu aniversário, e a todos os que dele participam, pois sempre há do outro lado alguém que nos ajuda, e também ajudamos quando temos condições para tanto. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maria Leopoldina

Eye in the Sky

Spanish-Colombia
    Thank you so much everyone!!! Our customers must be very grateful too, because all the members of the WR Forum help improve the quality of translations!!! Don't' know how a translation was ever done without WordReference!

Lone_Wolf

English-America
    I would like to Thank EACH and EVERYONE OF YOU for this forum and I am sincerely happy to be learning through your help.

So, to Mike, The Moderators and all of you who post here and are willing to help others learn the world's many magnificent languages:

شكرا جزيلا , Muchas Gracias, بہت شکریہ ,
    Merci beaucoup. :)

LW.

Lems

Brazil - Brazilian Portuguese
    Congrats Mike and all the amazing team!!!!
    I miss the time when I was part of this wonderful group. Had quite good moments here.
    Cheers!!!
    Paulo Leme

Janulka

Czech
    Also my thanks to all of you, the founders, the moderators and all the members, you make my life and work much easier... actually I can hardly immagine my translator job without you anymore!
    Děkuji!

jazyk

Brazílie, portugalština
    Without WR even my personal life wouldn't be the same. I'm very grateful to and for it.

Oldy Nuts

Spanish - Chile
    Mike, what would I (and literally thousands of others) do without WordReference? Many, many thanks for the original idea, and for all the effort you have put in getting the site running more smoothly all the time.

Loob

English UK
    Ten years would merit fancy rhyme
    (Had we but words enough and time)
    But you're a better man that I am
    If you can find a rhyme for ... Kellogg:D.

owlman5

English-US
    Congratulations, Mike, on the great success of your enterprise. Ten years is a good stretch, but I hope that WR lasts for at least a century.

suzi br

English / England
    But you're a better man that I am
    This cornflake, lady, were no crime.

Dreadful puns aside, 'big-up' Mike. This site is an amazing place and I very much appreciate your endeavour.

Thank- you, and happy anniversary.

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I miss the time when I was part of this wonderful group. Had quite good moments here.
    Paulo, I see you on Facebook, so I don't miss you too much. Thanks for stopping by!

Without WR even my personal life wouldn't be the same. I'm very grateful to and for it.
    Jazyk, great to see you here. Give my best to your family...

Again, thank you all for the congratulations, but it is, of course, the whole community that makes the place work.

constantlyconfused

English - British
    An invaluable resource that has been helping me for 7 years now - I really don't know what I'd do without it!
    Thank you to Mike, and a big thanks also to the moderators and those who give their time to help others with informed answers.

ireney

Modistra
    Greek Greece Mod of Greek, CC and CD
    Many, many thanks from the bottom of my heart! It's a wonderful place to hang out and such a wonderful resource!

Moritzchen

Spanish, USA
    Oh, fudge!
    There are two of these!!!!
    Mike, you found the philosophers' stone for anyone and everyone who's after deciphering the differences and likenesses in languages.
    (Asides from bringing me back to the forum for a minute)

tobegood

Mandarin-Cantonese
    Thank you, all of the contributors and participants of this great forum.
    I discovered this language learning site less than a year ago, and it has since been a place I would visit from time to time.

MikeLynn

A big thank you to Mike and the whole team of wonderful people who have made this Forum possible. I guess it's time to start a brand new decade and hope it is as good as this one has been.
    Mike

Sempervirens

italiano
    Bravo, Mike! Ottimo sito, dove gli utenti possono discutere in un clima rilassato e con profitto!

Bravi anche tutti gli utenti che hanno mantenuto in vita il sito!

S.V

bernardette

USA, English
    Thanks to everyone, Mike and the moderators, and to all of the contributors for all the help, understanding and education over the years!

abdulwahid

Nordic
    Thank you for creating this forum! It's a wonderful resource, and a big thank you to all moderators and participators!

221BBaker

Spanish (Canarian) & Catalan
    Thanks for making such an useful resource possible. Congratulations. Well done, everyone.

Gràcies WR, i per molts anys.

powerhousebridge

Malayalam
    I am from Kerala, the small State in India, and an ardent admirer of English language.As a novice in English I have so many difficulties in learning process .with out a mentor it is very difficult to learn a new language .In such circumstance I post a thread in World Reference Forumn and got the correct answer.As far as I am concerned WR is my mentor
    "Jai'' World Reference Forum
    'Jai' Mike

ewie

English English
    But you're a better man than I am
    An Untalkative Horse, or: The Silent Gee-gee

There was a young fellogg named Kellogg

Who created a website well mellogg;
    When its birthday came round
    The membership found
    A party with (wait for it) jellogg.

Okay, I cheated a bit.

Oldy Nuts

Spanish - Chile
    Curious. I have just noticed a participant with 2,500 posts (0.99 daily average), most of them questions with answers s/he doesn't always thanks, whose last visit to the forums was less than 12 hours ago, and who hasn't posted in this thread. I wonder if there are many more like this...

Powerhousebridge, your post is a beutiful counter-example to this attitude. It does encourage me (and surely others) to continue contributing in these wonderful forums.

bondia

English-England
    An Untalkative Horse, or: The Silent Gee-gee

There was a young fellogg named Kellogg

Who created a website well mellogg;
    When its birthday came round
    The membership found
    A party with (wait for it) jellogg.

Okay, I cheated a bit.
    :thumbsup: albeit the bit of cheating.. loved it.
    Untalkative horse.. as Tommy Cooper would've said.. oh, can't think of anything he might have said..

PreshussPuppy

English - U.S.
    WRdotcom is a treasure that saves my butt often. There is nothing like getting advice from a native speaker, and this is the perfect go-to place for that. Thank you Mike, moderators and members! :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >